Cisco SG350-28P 350 Series Switch
●︎ 24 x PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Ports
●︎ 2 x GbE Combo Ports + 2 x SFP Slots
●︎ 195W Dedicated PoE Power
●︎ 41.66 Mpps Transfer Rate
●︎ 56 Gb/s Switching Capacity
●︎ 12 Mb Packet Buffer
●︎ IPv6 Support
●︎ Two Fans
●︎ Advanced Layer 3 Traffic Management
●︎ Enhanced Power Efficiency
Cisco 350 Series 28-Port PoE+ Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch
With the ability to deliver data, voice, and video services, the SG350-28P 350 Series 28-Port PoE Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch from Cisco comes equipped with 28 Gigabit network ports, including two GbE combo ports supporting fiber connectivity and two SFP slots. The non-fiber ports are also PoE+ compliant supporting the 802.3af and 802.3at PoE network standards with a maximum PoE power budget of up to 195W.
The Cisco 350 Series switch can be configured using either a graphical interface orwith a command-line interface. To access other devices on the network from one central location, admins can take advantage of SNMP support. Additionally, your network can be secured using various advanced security features including SSL encryption, access control lists, 802.1X port security, advanced defense mechanisms, IPv6 support, uniform MAC addressed-based security, and storm control.
Easy Deployment and Use
Cisco 350 Series switches are designed to be easy to use and manage by commercial customers or the partners that serve them. They feature:
● Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) is a network-level monitoring and management tool that can discover network topology, display link status, monitor events, apply configurations, and upgrade software images across multiple switches in the network.
● Cisco FindIT Network Manager and Probe are designed to manage Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches, routers, and wireless access points. The Manager lets you proactively manage the network instead of just reacting to events.
● Cisco FindIT utility, which works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser, discovers Cisco devices in the network and displays basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in configuration and deployment.
● One USB port on the front panel of the switch enables easy image and configuration transfer for faster deployment or upgrade.
● Graphical interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network and allow you to support sophisticated capabilities without increasing IT head count.
● Textview, a full Command-Line Interface (CLI) option, is supported.
● Using Auto Smartports intelligence, the switch can detect a network device connected to any port and automatically configure the optimal security, quality of service (QoS), and availability on that port.
● Cisco Discovery Protocol discovers Cisco devices and allows devices to share critical configuration information, simplifying network setup and integration.
● Support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows you to set up and manage your switches and other Cisco devices remotely from a network management station, improving IT workflow and mass configurations.
High Reliability and Resiliency
To assure that employees can always access the data and resources they need, the Cisco 350 Series supports dual images, allowing you to perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline or worry about the network going down during the upgrade.
Cisco 350 Series switches provide advanced security features you need to protect your business data and keep unauthorized users off the network:
● Embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protects management data traveling to and from the switch.
● Extensive access control lists (ACLs) restrict sensitive portions of the network to keep out unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
● Guest VLANs let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
● Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. Web-based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
● Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IP-MAC port binding (IPMB).
● IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard, and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks on IPv6 networks.
● Time-based ACLs and port operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times such as business hours.
● Uniform MAC address-based security can be applied automatically to mobile users as they roam between wireless access points.
● Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch is able to process management traffic in the face of a denial-of-service (DoS) attack.
● Private VLAN Edge (PVE) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN.
● Storm control can be applied to broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic.
● Protection of management sessions occurs using RADIUS, TACACS+, and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
● DoS attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
Power over Ethernet
Advanced PoE capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly and at a lower cost. The switch supports 802.3af PoE, 802.3at PoE+, and 60 Watt PoE.
Cisco uses NBASE-T technology to get more out of your existing infrastructure, so your network can meet consumer demands for increased bandwidth and speeds without a large initial investment. Utilizing your existing cabling infrastructure, Multigigabit Ethernet technology enables intermediate data rates of 2.5 and 5 Gbps to ease the jump between traditional rates of 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps. These intermediate rates run on most installed cables and preserve older UTP wiring, which is suitable for 802.11ac wireless LAN applications. The technology also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) forms, including PoE+ and 60W PoE. Cisco Multigigabit Ethernet switches help you avoid having to run multiple cables between switches and access points and let your networks accommodate next-generation traffic speeds and data rates.
Network-Wide Automatic Voice Deployment
Using a combination of Cisco Discovery Protocol, LLDP-MED, Auto Smartports, and Voice Services Discovery Protocol (or VSDP, a unique Cisco protocol), customers can deploy an end-to-end voice network dynamically. The switches in the network automatically converge around a single voice VLAN and QoS parameters and then propagate them out to the phones on the ports, where they are discovered. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
As the IP address scheme evolves to accommodate a growing number of network devices, the Cisco 350 Series can support the transition to the next generation of networking and operating systems such as Windows 8, Vista, and Linux. These switches continue to support previous-generation IPv4, allowing you to evolve to the new IPv6 standard at your own pace and helping ensure that your current network will continue to support your business applications in the future. Cisco 350 Series switches have successfully completed rigorous IPv6 testing and have received the USGv6 and IPv6 Gold certification.
Advanced Layer 3 Traffic Management
The Cisco 350 Series enables a more advanced set of traffic management capabilities to help growing businesses organize their networks more effectively and efficiently. For example, the switches provide static LAN Layer 3 routing, allowing you to segment your network into workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance.
With these capabilities, you can boost the efficiency of your network by offloading internal traffic-handling tasks from your router and allowing it to manage primarily external traffic and security.
Additionally, Cisco 350 models provide static Layer 3 routing features. With these capabilities, you can minimize the need to manually configure routing devices and simplify the ongoing operation of the network.
The Cisco 350 Series integrates a variety of power-saving features that provide an extensive energy-efficient switching portfolio. These switches are designed to conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protects the environment and reduce your energy costs. They provide an eco-friendly network solution without compromising performance. Cisco 350 Series switches feature:
● Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods.
● The latest application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), which use low-power 65/40-nanometer technology and low-power, high-performance ARM CPUs.
● Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down.
● LEDs that can be turned off to save power.
● Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on the length of the connecting cable.
The Cisco 350 Series also offers mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switches, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment and to easily connect switches on different floors or across the business.